We are currently seeking an Art and Design intern to support the William Morrow imprint! This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the process from first design through what you see on a bookshelf and all the behind-the-scenes work in between!
This summer internship is a paid opportunity (28 hours per week), and it will run from June 11 through August 16 for a total of 10 weeks.
- Posting content to social media (Instagram)
- Researching images
- Scanning art and sketches
- Assisting with galley and ARE design
- Assisting with illustration work
- Applicants must be at least entering their junior year of college
- Applicants going into their senior year of college, grad students, or college graduates preferred
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Graphic design experience or interest
- Experience with updating website content and social media channels
- Strong analytical reading and writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Is detail-oriented and organized
- Must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Applicants should include a link to an online portfolio
- Applications MUST have a cover letter
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
- Employer HarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Job position Summer Internship 2018 - William Morrow Art
- Listing categories Visual Arts / Internship
Original Job Post Date: March 6, 2018Please enter the original date the job was posted. If you are posting a job for your company, you can just enter the same date as the publish date. This will show up on the listing as the original posting date.
Photo Credit: Wheaton Montessori SchoolPlease write the name of the photographer that took the photo to note credit. You can also note the websites name from where you obtained the photo if you do not have the photographers name. Do not place any website links or photo links this box.