Dance, Drama, Theater, Oh My!! We need Arts Specialists. Are you talented, passionate and have experience in the arts? Do you want to help NYC’s kids?
Arts Specialists organize, lead, and promote interest in activities such as theater, chorus, dance, music, chess, arts and crafts. Art Specialists utilize and adapt the New York State Arts Learning Standards in order to create an engaging and awarding activity that encourages participation in SASF programs. Arts Specialists are responsible for creating lessons, projects and objectives that meet the individual students’ needs. He/she fosters an atmosphere of fun and learning and serves as a role model to youth, always conducting him/herself in the utmost professional manner and maintaining appropriate boundaries.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organize, lead, and promote interest in Art activities such as theater, chorus, dance, and hobbies, performance groups, and direct their rehearsals
- Lead progressive development of the students skills, leading to a final project
- Provide support during academic/homework hour
- Promotes positive character development in all youth
- Site Director, Students
- High school diploma
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in Academics and Arts programs and have prior experience successfully teaching and instructing youth in Academics and Arts
- Minimum of two years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required
- Must have passion for SASF’s mission and demonstrated interest in the field of education and youth development
- Available to work summer camps/programs
- Certifications and credentials in respective skill-based activity highly preferred
- Candidates who are qualified to lead instruction in more than one activity preferred as well
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to employment history and criminal background check
SASF is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
- Employer Sports and Arts In Schools Foundation
- Job position Performing Arts Specialist - Summer 2018
- Listing categories Performing Arts
Original Job Post Date: March 6, 2018Please enter the original date the job was posted. If you are posting a job for your company, you can just enter the same date as the publish date. This will show up on the listing as the original posting date.
Photo Credit: Bishopshalt SchoolPlease write the name of the photographer that took the photo to note credit. You can also note the websites name from where you obtained the photo if you do not have the photographers name. Do not place any website links or photo links this box.