Disrupt the media industry status quo by joining our hyperlocal monthly print publication.
Yes, we pride ourselves on being a print-first media outlet, and our success proves we are influencing the future of news.
Community Impact Newspaper delivers 24 hyperlocal editions to 1.84 million homes throughout the Austin, Dallas and Houston areas. Each of the markets we serve has its own dedicated editorial, sales and design staff, just like a small, traditional community newspaper.
But we’re not small at all. We are a 200-person news enterprise that produces it own product—our printing plant opened in 2016. Editorial teams get their own Apple laptops, digital camera and other resources that only a growing newspaper company could provide.
Why are we so successful? We believe most people don’t want right- or left-leaning news—just the news, and preferably from their own backyard. Since 2005, we have provided local, useful news without any ulterior motive or agenda.
Reader feedback and independent surveys prove our readers appreciate this dedication to truth-telling. Come work here and find out for yourself.
More details about the opportunity:
- Represent a community: Lake Houston/Humble/Kingwood Editor
- Earn a living: Starting at $42,000, more with experience
- Experience required: At least 2 years of prior experience with print or digital publication(s)
- Represent us: Develop rapport with community leaders, business owners, elected officials, and the Average Joe and Jane residents we serve
- Create content daily: Inform readers online between the print editions
- Generate original story ideas: You’re afforded time to develop the story beyond the story
- Create complex infographics: Our visuals tell a story, so we spend a ton of time on them
- Take your own photographs: You’re a one stop shop—you report, write and shoot
- Wear multiple hats: Report, write and manage content
- Supervise talent: Mentor at least 1 reporter in a team environment
What we’re looking for:
- First-rate reporting and writing skills
- Comfort with writing news, features and alternative story formats
- Ability to analyze and interpret news events
- Expert AP Style knowledge
- Social media savvy
- Effective headline writing
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Experience using digital tools such as Google tools, Adobe products and Microsoft Office
- Innovative mentality
- Neutral and impartial writing and reporting
- Prior supervisory and content management experience is preferable
- Employer Community Impact Newspaper
- Job position Editor - Lake Houston/Humble/Kingwood
- Contract type Full-time
- Listing categories Specialty Arts / Full-Time Jobs
Original Job Post Date: February 7, 2018Please enter the original date the job was posted. If you are posting a job for your company, you can just enter the same date as the publish date. This will show up on the listing as the original posting date.
Photo Credit: Business InsiderPlease write the name of the photographer that took the photo to note credit. You can also note the websites name from where you obtained the photo if you do not have the photographers name. Do not place any website links or photo links this box.